GRAND YANGTZE TOUR
SPEND EIGHT GLORIOUS NIGHTS CRUISING DOWN THE MIGHTY YANGTZE
RIVER. DISCOVER THE HISTORY AND CULTURE IN CHINA'S GREATEST
cities and enjoy a leisurely, luxurious cruise along the mighty Yangtze River with five star specialists, Victoria Cruises. Explore the former imperial capital of Nanjing and beautiful Mt. Huang before sailing through the dramatic Three Gorges.
This fully escorted tour is a group tour guaranteed for departure.
Accommodation Categories and Descriptions
Specialty Package (Grand Yangtze 2015-2016)
Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
ACCOMMODATION CATEGORIES AND DESCRIPTIONS
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
SPECIALTY PACKAGE (GRAND YANGTZE 2015-2016)
GRAND YANGTZE ESCORTED TOUR PACKAGE 2015-2016 18 Days/17 Nights
Travel Dates: 09/08/2015 - 09/25/2015 09/22/2015 - 10/09/2015 10/06/2015 - 10/23/2015 10/20/2015 - 11/06/2015 04/12/2016 - 04/29/2016 04/26/2016 - 05/13/2016 05/10/2016 - 05/27/2016 05/24/2016 - 06/10/2016 09/06/2016 - 09/23/2016 09/20/2016 - 10/07/2016 10/04/2016 - 10/21/2016 10/18/2016 - 11/04/2016
• Day 1: Depart the US Depart on your overnight flight from the US to China.
• Day 2: Arrive Shanghai Upon arrival in Shanghai, you are met and transferred to your hotel.
• Day 3: Shanghai Sightseeing today includes a stroll through the beautiful Yu Gardens and the Old Town, as well as a visit to the
Shanghai Museum. We also walk along the famous Bund with its colonial architecture and explore the restored Xintiandi area with its unique 1920's style shikumen buildings. In the evening, take a cruise on the panoramic Huangpu River.
• Day 4: Yangtze River Cruise Embarkation Board the five star Victoria Cruises Yangtze River ship and spend eight nights sailing to Chongqing.
• Day 5: Yangtze River Cruise Enjoy a full-day shore excursion to the ancient capital of Nanjing to visit the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum and the memorial to Nanjing's Second World War victims.
• Day 6: Yangtze River Cruise Drive to Jiuhuashan, known for its oddly shaped peaks, creating a stunning and inspirational view. Explore this exquisite site with a visit to the Huacheng Temple, the Saint Flesh Mortal Mummy Temple and Jiuhua Ancient Street. Board a cable car to the summit to visit the Longevity Temple and see the master monk Wuxia Mummy as well as the Natural Sleeping Buddha.
• Day 7: Yangtze River Cruise We enjoy a shore excursion of Wuhan, capital of Hubei Province and visit the Hubei Provincial Museum.
• Day 8: Yangtze River Cruise Spend the day relaxing on-board the ship as we continue cruising upstream towards Yichang.
• Day 9: Yangtze River Cruise We sail through the Gezhou Dam near Yichang and then visit the Three Gorges Dam, the largest in the world. We then sail through the Xiling Gorge before entering the Three Gorges Dam ship locks.
• Day 10: Yangtze River Cruise We enter the Wu Gorge and then sail through the Qutang Gorge before taking an excursion to the Shennong Stream.
• Day 11: Yangtze River Cruise Join a shore excursion to the Ghost City of Fengdu with its captivating temples. Fengdu is also known for its statues of ghosts and devils on Mingshan Hill.
• Day 12: Disembark Cruise - Chongqing to Chengdu Disembark from the cruise vessel and transfer to Chongqing where we will visit the ancient village Ciqikou, dating back over 1700 years. Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of the steep, pedestrian street with tea houses, artist studios and embroidery workshops lining both sides located in old structures made of bamboo and timber. Here you will have a glimpse of a way of life existing for centuries. We then transfer to the airport for our flight to Chengdu, capital of the Sichuan Province and enjoy a dinner of the region's special spicy cuisine.
• Day 13: Chengdu to Xian Visit the famous Panda Conservation Center to see these charismatic animals being reared in wooded surroundings reminiscent of their natural habitat. Fly to Xian, the former ancient capital. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Shui Jiao dumpling meal followed by a performance of Tang Dynasty dancing.
• Day 14: Xian Witness one of the most important archaeological discoveries of the 20th century, the Terracotta Warriors. The figures were created over 2,000 years ago to accompany Emperor Qin Shihuang into the afterlife. We also walk along the Ancient City Wall, one of the best preserved in China.
• Day 15: Xian to Beijing Stroll through the lively Muslim Quarter to explore the Islamic food market. Later, fly to Beijing, China's capital city and visit the unique Temple of Heaven where locals practice Tai Chi, dance and gather to socialize over a game of cards or Mahjong.
• Day 16: Beijing Sightseeing today includes a stroll through Tiananmen Square, past Chairman Mao's Mausoleum to the treasure-filled Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved collection of ancient buildings in China from the Ming and Qing Dynasties, housing over 8,000 rooms. This evening, enjoy a fascinating Chinese Acrobatic show.
• Day 17: Beijing Walk on the Great Wall to appreciate 2,000 years of historical significance while admiring the panoramic views.
• The Great Wall is Chinas most iconic attraction, which stretches over 4,000 miles from the Shanhaiguan Pass on the east coast to the Gobi Desert in the west. Also tour the exquisite Summer Palace, considered a masterpiece of Chinese landscape garden design. Our evening meal includes the local delicacy, Peking Duck.
• Days 18: Beijing to US Fly to the US, arriving home later the same day or the following morning depending on flight schedules.
Package Minimum Stay: 17 Nights
• Yangtze River Cruise itineraries, sightseeing and excursions are subject to change due to water levels, river conditions and cruise line. Alternate excursions may be substituted at the discretion of the cruise company and cannot be guaranteed.
Included in package:
• Select meals
• Sightseeing with English speaking guide
• Entrance fees for sights visited
Not included in package:
• Local tipping
• Personal expenditures
• Optional excursions or shows
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Available at an additional cost:
• Extend your stay a few extra days!! Short stay tours and extensions are offered at an additional cost. Please see below for the tour selection:
• Beijing Short Stay Tour 3-nights
• Guilin and Yangshuo Short Stay 3-nights
• Hong Kong Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Hong Kong and Macau Extension 3-nights (4 or 5-star available)
• Panda and Buddha Short Stay (Chengdu) 2-nights
• Shanghai Short Stay 2-nights
• Xian Short Stay 2-nights
• Tipping is customary in China. On Group Tours, in order to relieve customers to tip individual guides and service providers in each destination a tipping protocol has been established for each tour. Group passengers will contribute to a fund, paid at the beginning of the tour in US dollars.
• The National Escort will distribute the appropriate amounts throughout the trip to local Guides and Drivers. Amounts subject to change. If your Tour includes the Yangtze River Cruise please note Tips for this component will be extra. This Guide is not for Private or Concierge Tours. Tip cost for this tour is $128.00 per person.