SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM
OUDEZIJDS VOORBURGWAL 197
AMSTERDAM 1012 EX
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is amongst one of the hotels in Amsterdam. Embraced by two canals, steps from the Royal Palace, The Grand boldly reinvents rich history: a legendary jewel among Amsterdam hotels. It is home to the internationally acclaimed Restaurant Bridges with Cocktail Bar and Garden Terrace, hotel SoSPA, to magnificent banqueting facilities, including the Council Chamber where back in the cityhall days Queen Beatrix got married. Loyal staff pride themselves on reinventing Dutch hospitality a la francaise. From a 15th-century convent, to royal lodgings in the 16th century, the dutch admiralty headquarters in the 17th century to cityhall of Amsterdam in the 19th and 20th century - The Grand, after meticulous renovation, now dresses dashingly in a sophisticated french style. Bold splashes of color set off creamy marble; contemporary lighting glimmers off graceful arches and stained glass; rosewood handrails sweep upstairs to spacious luxurious suites and rooms.
Accommodation Categories and Descriptions
Food and Beverage Outlets
Activities Desk ($)
Air Conditioning (public areas)
Banquet Rooms (19) ($)
Barber Shop ($)
Beauty Salon ($)
Bicycle Rentals (on request) ($)
Boat Rentals (on request) ($)
Car Rental Desk
Conference Rooms (19) ($)
Doctor (on call) ($)
Dry Cleaning Services ($)
Front Desk (24-hour)
Golf (nearby) ($)
Hospitality Desk (2)
Internet Access (high speed, wireless) ($)
Laundry Service ($)
Medical Services ($)
Meeting Rooms (19) ($)
Parking (30) ($)
Parking (valet) (30) ($)
Pets (allowed) ($)
Physically Challenged Accommodations (1)
Physically Challenged Facilities
Safe (front desk)
Tours & Excursions (on request) ($)
Butler Service Available for Junior Suites or higher room category. Babysitting Services: ($) On Request. Minimum of 3 hours. ($)
Wedding, Alternative Lifestyles (Gay/Lesbian), Business, Eco-Tourism, Spa, Honeymoon, Pet Friendly, Romance and Family Friendly.
ACCOMMODATION CATEGORIES AND DESCRIPTIONS
• Check-in-time: 2:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Child age break is 11 years old.
Superior - 2 adults.
• Luxury Room - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Junior Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Prestige Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Apartment Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Opera Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Imperial Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
Really give you the sense of the history of he building as you can find high ceilings and big windows. The luxury contemporary design blends in perfectly with the art and digital gadgets. The Superior rooms are available with a wonderful view of the garden, the canals or the courtyard.
• Bedding: 1 queen bed or 2 single beds.
With views overlooking the inner garden or the canals, feature spectacular bath rooms with a bath tub and build in flat screen TV. The characters displayed on the wall relate to our legendary guests from the past.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
Have a spacious bedroom with a king size Sofitel MyBed and lounge area, WIFI / High speed internet, fully air-conditioned, separate lounge with desk, DVD & BOSE system, safe deposit box, contemporary bathroom with rain shower and bath with TV.
• Bedding: 1 king bed.
Prestige Suite(*), Indulge in pure luxury and have the comfort of one of our seven iconic Prestige Suites overlooking the canal. King size Sofitel MyBed, WIFI/High speed internet, fully air-conditioned, separate lounge with desk, DVD & BOSE system, safe deposit box, contemporary bathroom with rain shower and bath with TV.
• Bedding: 1 king bed.
Walk into a genuine piece of Amsterdam history, in former homes of famous Dutch Admirals dating back to the 17th century. Timeless elegance with cream- colored walls, wooden ceiling beams, warm autumn colors and a subtle mix of classic and contemporary furnishings; an elegant and soothing atmosphere in which to enjoy privacy, refinement and absolute comfort.
• Bedding: 1 king bed.
The lavish Suites offer you the ultimate in luxury. Overlooking the charming and peaceful inner garden these suites are immaculately designed to create a memorable stay. Bathrooms with double sinks, rainfall shower and a separate bathtub above which a flat-screen television is integrated, heighten the classic-meets-modern feel with iridescent glass tile mosaics. Bedding: 1 king bed.
Each of these suites is connecting to a Superior Room separating the spacious living room from two double MyBed bedrooms, including a walk-in closet in the master bedroom. Invite some of your guests for an intimate in-room dining experience arranged by your butler, as the Imperial suite also has a large dining table. Two spacious bathrooms, of which the master bathroom has mosaic walls, together with a steam room and a free standing bathtub, are both equipped with a powerful rain shower to enhance your "salle de bien" experience and have a personal butler for you available at all times.
• Bedding: 1 king bed.
All accommodations include: hairdryer, CD player, DVD player, heating, soundproof, adjoining rooms (available upon request), housekeeping, telephone, air conditioning, internet access (high speed, wireless):
• ($), trouser press, alarm clock, iron, turndown service, bathrobes, ironing board, voicemail, bathroom (ensuite), maid service, wake-up calls, bathtub, mini-bar, bathtub (private), movies (in accommodation):
• ($), bedding (premium), non-smoking accommodations, blackout drapes, radio, coffee/tea maker, rollaway bed (on request), connecting rooms (available on request), room service (24-hour), crib (upon request), safe (in accommodation), data port, safe deposit box, desk, shower and smoke detector.
Miscellaneous Amenities Board Games are optional
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLETS
Bridges futuristic Cocktail Bar & Lounge is the place to unwind with a Classic Cocktail or a glass of Moet & Chandon champagne. Located directly opposite the Raw Bar offers the perfect accompanying bites.
Holland's first! From oysters, lobster sandwiches to delicate fish tartar everything is freshly prepared in front of your very own eyes. The Grand Ocean Platter is a hit with food lovers alike.
Le Petit Bistro,
French bistro classics in an urban atmosphere Our little brother Le Petit Bistro opened its doors in January 2014.
• Adjacent to us, Restaurant Bridges, and overlooking the beautiful inner garden, the former lounge has now an authentic Parisian bistro charm.
Bar 'de Vliegende Hollander', Traditional Dutch brown cafe, serving an assortment of Dutch beers and snacks, alongside an extensive collection of whiskeys and spirits. Whether you read the newspapers over your daily cup of coffee, meet a friend for lunch or a quick bite, or imbibe a few beers after work, for many people their favorite bar inevitably becomes a home away from home.
General Opening Hours: 5:00pm - 1:00am
The sturdy Cigar Lounge is the ideal location for an after dinner cigar and a digestive. A balanced selection of short and long filler cigars.
Is situated in the beautiful lobby, located directly by the entrance to the hotel. Dotted around the open fireplace are comfortable sofas and deep armchairs, where one can relax and partake of The Grand Afternoon Tea Tradition.
General Opening Hours: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Private Dining Room,
For optimum privacy take advantage of the Private Dining experience, which caters for up to 12 people and provides pleasant views of the Vinotheque. The private Dining Room is a pleasant and comfortable place where guests can relax to their hearts' content, enjoying a delicious cocktail and bites from the Raw Bar.
Garden Terrace, can be found in the beautiful and completely re-landscaped courtyard garden. It is one of Amsterdam's best kept secrets. An oasis of peace and tranquility, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Bridges serves lunch and dinner on the lower deck.
• Le Petit Bistro serves lunch and dinner on the upper deck. The garden has retained many of its authentic Amsterdam School style features, from the time that The Grand served as the city hall.
The legendary location, which served as the canteen of the former Town Hall, is now a place where gourmands can savor the culinary skills of the Chef. The style is a bridge between Dutch and French culinary traditions: fresh fish from Holland, prepared with a French twist. The restaurant also caters for vegetarians and people who fancy meat from local Dutch produce.
Vinotheque, Is the home of our sommelier. In this contemporary environment, located to the rear of the restaurant, he selects and samples his wines.
• Bottled water
• Daily newspaper
• Weekly cocktail party
• Use of fitness center
• Morning coffee
MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION (BACK TO TOP)
• Rates are inclusive of buffet breakfast, tax and service charges.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Rijksmuseum: 2 kilometers(1 mile)
• Van Gogh Museum: 2 kilometers(1 mile)
• Theater Tuschinski/Pathe: 1 kilometer(1 mile)
• Circuit Zandvoort: 30 kilometers(19 miles)
• Hortus Botanicus: 2 kilometers(1 mile)
• Efteling (Amusement Park): 115 kilometers(71 miles)
• Centre (Entertainment Theater District): 2 kilometers(1 mile)
• Sports Complex Amstelveen : 15 kilometers(9 miles)
• Royal Palace: 2
• City Theater: 2 kilometers(1 mile)
• Muziektheater: 115 kilometers(71 miles)
• Amsterdam Arena: 8 kilometers(5 miles)
• Anne Frank House: 1 kilometer(1 mile)
• Bols: 2 kilometers(1 mile)
• Hermitage Amsterdam: 2 kilometers(1 mile)
• Monumenten op de dam: 0.5 kilometers(0 miles)
• Red Light District: 1
• Ijsselmeer: 10 kilometers(6 miles)