STATE HIGHWAY 73, NEAR CASS
CANTERBURY, NEW ZEALAND
This property is located 124 kilometers north-west of Christchurch (approximately 90 minutes) drive time, tucked away in the heart of New Zealand's Southern Alps, in a dramatic location near Arthurs Pass and with an ever-changing climate. The lodge is a traditional New Zealand high country station (ranch), set amid towering 7000 foot peaks and providing a wide range of outdoor activities. Arrangements can be made for fishing guides, hunting guides, clay pigeon shooting, skiing, or four-wheel-drive safaris into the back-country. They are all subject to season and weather, and carry additional charges.
Built in 1858, the original limestone homestead is now the core of the lodge and features character rooms such as the library, lounge, bar and evening dining rooms. Doors open out into the garden and large open log fireplaces ensure cosiness on colder days. One of the oldest rooms in the lodge has been turned into the Mountain Spa, offering indulgent pampering and therapeutic massages. The 12 metre swimming pool is situated on the hill behind the homestead and is heated to 26 degrees celcius. For the more adventurous, activities available include walking and hiking on trails around the station; mountain biking, petanque and croquet, acres of lawn space for ball games such as soccer and rugby and English country gardens to explore, or just sit and enjoy. There is an on-site gift shop with a range of unique New Zealand crafts, artworks and other items. Complimentary WiFi internet access property wide, own device required.
Accommodation Categories and Descriptions
Add-On Package (Special Places)
Bicycle Rentals ($)
Gift Shop ($)
Laundry Service ($)
Massage Services ($)
Physically Challenged Facilities
Porter Services ($)
Spa (day) ($)
ACCOMMODATION CATEGORIES AND DESCRIPTIONS
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children at adult rate. 1 child under 14 years sharing a room with 2 adults is at child rate in Grasmere Suite.
Lake View Deluxe Room - 2 adults. Mountain View Junior Suite - 2 guests and 1 child.
• Grasmere Suite - 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• 1 Bedroom Cottage or Mountain Chalet - 2 guests.
• 2 Bedroom Cottage or Mountain Chalet - 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child per suite.
Lake View Deluxe Room Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
Mountain View Junior Suite Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
Grasmere Suite, 1 King or 2 Singles Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 single beds.
1 Bedroom Cottage Or Mountain Chalet, 1 King or 2 Singles
2 Bedroom Cottage Or Mountain Chalet, 1 King or 2 Singles per suite - 2 suites in Cottage and Mountain Chalet.
• Each guest room has original artworks inspired by the landscape outside, and is decorated in the rich colors of the tussock- covered hills. Every room comes with two armchairs and a coffee table, CD player with iPod dock, minibar, Wi-Fi and a work desk area. Each private patio or deck has two outdoor chairs for enjoying the views and fresh mountain air, while a selection of teas, freshly ground coffee, home-baked cookies and port is also provided. The tiled ensuite bathrooms feature a jacuzzi bath, separate glass shower, double vanities, thick bathrobes, and a night-light.
The Lake View Deluxe Rooms are in the lodge building and have a view over the lawn and deer farm, to Lake Grasmere and the Puketeraki mountains in the distance. The Mountain View Junior Suites have their own gas fireplace and butler's pantry and separate outside access.
The Grasmere Suite has a schist fireplace, and a walk-in wardrobe. The 1 Bedroom Cottage or Mountain Chalet, is a short walk from the Homestead, set amongst well-established pine trees for shelter, with stunning views of the surrounding mountains. It is built in a Colorado alpine style, clad in cedar with copper spouting. There is a separate lounge area with a TV.
All accommodations include: refrigerator, rollaway bed (on request):
• ($), room service (limited), safe (in accommodation), telephone, bathroom (private), mini-bar, ceiling fan, coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, iron, ironing board and .
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
ADD-ON PACKAGE (SPECIAL PLACES)
SPECIAL PLACES 2 NIGHT PACKAGE
• 2 Nights at Grasmere Lodge (Lake View Deluxe Room).
• Breakfast and dinner daily.
• Unique activity.
Package Minimum Stay: 2 Nights
Package inclusions are subject to change.
MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION (BACK TO TOP)
• Full Breakfast
• Four course Dinner -90 minute 4WD Tour
• Pre dinner drinks and canapes - Transfers from TranzAlpine Express train (pick up at Cass) by prior arrangement.
Non-Smoking Policy This hotel is a non-smoking property.